Thursday 9 January 2014

Running with The Fear: Janathon day 9


The Fear. This is was you get when you set out to run an out-and-back 5 mile route and another group of friends sets out to run 6 miles at a much faster pace, and you don't want them to catch you on the return leg.

So at running club tonight me and my friends set off on our 5 mile run, at a nice pace of about 10 min/mile, and we were having a lovely chat. And then I mentioned the possibility that we might be overtaken on the way back. And suddenly we didn't want that to happen. So we sped up a bit, and then we sped up a lot, and finally we were pegging it up Brook Street at 8 min/mile pace. And it felt really good!

I'm very happy that I seem to be able to manage an 8 minute mile after 5 miles of running, and feel comfortable. It bodes well for marathon training. If I can start slow and get faster I'll be well happy.

Tonight was also good because I took two new club members on a 2 mile run/walk. They got on really well and didn't seem too knackered at the end, despite the fact I kept forgetting to stop running and do the walky bit. I'm rubbish at run/walk intervals. Sorry girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment