Sunday 5 January 2014

Walking the long way round: because it's day 5 of Janathon of course

I really really really needed a rest day today (it was in the plan too, which is lucky). I have sort of done that.

I woke up at 9:45 am, which is well late for me. Feeling a bit bad for being so damn lazy, I got up and immediately started cooking Sunday lunch, still in my PJs. When I looked out of the window and saw it was a bit nice outside, I wished (a) I'd run today and not Saturday and (b) it wasn't a rest day/my legs weren't broken so I could go outside and do something.

I resolved to tidy the garden after lunch, if I had time.*

Lunch done, I was looking around the room while waiting for the slow-coach kids to finish their lunch and noticed my conservatory needed a good old clean. So I gave it a good old clean, vigorous you could say. Energetic. Indeed, some might claim it as their Day 5 Janathon effort.

But I am not that sort of person (yet). When I ran out of Flash** and kitchen roll, I knew that was it. I had to go for a walk. To the shops. The long way round. A mile and a half in fact. Of walking! I'd normally drive there. So that's today's Janathon thingy. Walking. (In the rain.)

Also, today I washed my trainers in the washing machine. You're not supposed to do that. It ruins trainers. I'm sure people will be tutting when they ready this. But they were soggy and full of mud and I didn't want them to go mouldy. They came up lovely.

Don't wash your expensive running shoes in the washing machine

Further arm exercise ensued when I did some ironing, and later I watched my son at his karate class, which was VERY energetic! The worse thing about karate is all the bare feet. I have a thing about feet and toenails. I admit have the worse feet in the world*** but there were some horrible feet there today.

*I didn't
**Mr Muscle also works well, or Dettol, or even non-branded sprays like Co-op or Tesco
***Not in the Guinness Book of World Records though

No comments:

Post a Comment